Peter Gordon, Head Chef at two of London's top restaurants, says: "It's the fresh taste, and crunchy texture, of the Tenderstem® broccoli combined with the salty bacon and smooth mozzarella that makes this dish so intriguing."
I made this on Saturday night and we loved it. A definite will make again recipe. The cheese goes a little gooey and the taste of the bacon and lemon. Oh my it's good.
Serves: 2 as a main course
Takes: 15 mins
300g Tenderstem® broccoli
100g smoked bacon
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 red chilli, finely sliced (or use a few pinches of hot chilli flakes)
1 tbsp (heaped tbsp) shredded fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
1 tsp soy sauce
2 mozzarella balls
1. Heat up the frying pan and add the bacon and 1/2tsp of the oil.
Cook over a moderate heat until the bacon becomes crispy. Add the chilli and cook for another 30 sec. Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon and chilli from
the pan onto a warm plate, keeping the tasty fats in the pan.
2. Add the Tenderstem® broccoli to the pan and toss it to coat with
the pan fats (making it even more tasty) and cook for 30 sec on high heat to colour a little. Add 4tbsp of hot water to the pan and immediately put the lid on.
Cook over a moderately high heat for 1-2 mins with the lid on.
Ideally the Tenderstem broccoli will still have some crunch to it.
3. While the Tenderstem® broccoli is cooking, place the basil with the remaining olive oil in a jam jar and give it a shake with the lid on. Add the lemon juice and soy sauce and shake again.
4. Cut each mozzarella ball into 6 slices.
5. Once the Tenderstem® broccoli is cooked pile it onto 2 plates, then the mozzarella and spoon the bacon over that. Shake the dressing and drizzle it over the mozzarella.