Thursday 21 May 2009

Chicken stuffed with spinach and feta cheese wrapped in bacon


CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW
2 chicken breasts flattened out ( I use a rolling pin)

2 large handfuls spinach, wilted

Feta Cheese cut in pieces

1/4 tsp nutmeg

cracked black pepper (optional)

4 slices bacon

1/4 c white wine


Fresh Parsley optional




Flatten out your chicken by placing it in between a piece of cling film (saran wrap) and bash it with your rolling pin until it's about 1/4 inch thin. I just try to get it all even if I can. I then wilted my spinach by putting it in a pot and adding boiling water on top. Leave it for a couple of minutes and drain the water out completely. I didn't add any salt to this recipe as feta is salty and so is the bacon and it really doesn't need it. Take your spinach and place it on each chicken breast then sprinkle with nutmeg. I added a few sprigs of parsley, I think it goes good with spinach. Add your feta cheese as much or as little as you want. I buy mine in water and it's already cut in cubes. I added 4 cubes to each one. Take two pieces of bacon and lay them out flat. Place your chicken breast over the bacon. Starting at one end roll up and place in baking dish which has 1/4 c white wine OR broth (chicken or veg) already in it.


Bake for 20 minutes at approximately 325 deg F until bacon has begun to crisp up.



I served mine with roasted red peppers and cannellini beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment