Saturday 13 June 2009

Tomberries . . . a tasty, tiny tomato


I was at the grocery store yesterday to pick up some charcoal and there they were. The teeniest, tiniest little tomatoes I have ever seen. I just had to come back and show them to you. They are called Tomberries and they are just adorable. They compare in size to a gooseberry. The ones I got came from Holland. And they taste good and look very attractive in a salad. I had to make a picture of one beside a regular beefsteak tomato just for comparison. Can't you just see these on a veggie tray they would look wonderful. We've been eating them like candy around here. The container is half empty already. Give them a try you will love these little beauties.

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Are they much sweeter than a grape tomato?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if they are any sweeter or not they disappeared so fast who knows for sure...lol They look adorable on a salad though. And I bet they would be good in a pasta salad also.

    ReplyDelete