Cauliflower and Cheese Bake
This delicious, cheesy casserole is a great way to enjoy cauliflower, and it makes a wonderful addition to the dinner table. I don’t know about you but I am always looking for something else to add as a side. And this looks like a good one.
• 1 large head of cauliflower, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, cut into flowerets
• 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) butter
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 cups milk
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Cheddar cheese, mild or sharp
• 1 cup soft fresh bread crumbs
• 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, optional
• 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
• 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter
Boil or steam cauliflower in water until just tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350°.
In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir until smooth and just bubbly. Add salt, pepper, and milk. Cook the sauce, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Add the mustard and cheese and continue cooking, stirring, until cheese is melted.
Combine the cauliflower with sauce and spoon into the prepared baking dish.
Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the cauliflower mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly and topping is browned.
Original recipe from : http://southernfood.about.com/od/cauliflower/r/r81030e.htm?nl=1
1 day ago