1 day ago
Friday, 24 October 2008
Okay, I love Salmon and so does my husband. It's good for you, it's low calorie and what's not to love right ? I have always either pan fried it or baked it. Tonight, I tried a recipe I saw done on TV......omg, it's sheer heaven I mean it....seriously and it's only 4 little ingredients. . . . .It's at original recipe here I have to add if, you add some lemon to the sauce once you have it in your plate, it really makes it GREAT !
You will need 4 salmon fillets, skin on. I served it with brown rice and cavolo nero cabbage.
The Teriyaki Sauce
275 ml Soy Sauce
140 ml Sake
140 ml Mirin
120 g sugar ( 4 ozs)
1. Mix all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce together and stir until the sugar dissolves.
2. Marinate the salmon fillets in half the mixture and put the other mixture in a pot to reduce by half (appx. 30 minutes on a good simmer)
3. Preheat the oven to 240C/400F or the highest setting you have.
4.Add a little oil to an oven proof dish and add your salmon fillets skin side UP. Cover the skin with tin foil/aluminium foil to keep it from burning and cook/bake for about 15 minutes, watching carefully.
5. Remove the tin foil and cook for approximately 5/10 minutes more until skin starts to crisp up.
6. Ta Da ! Serve skin side up with salmon sitting on a drizzle of the sauce.
Believe me I always eat tartar sauce on my salmon, I got it out and put it on the table but never got that far. That is the best sauce I have ever had......ever......woo hoo !! I definitely licked the plate on this one....rofl.