Friday 24 October 2008

4 Little Ingredients - Salmon Teriyaki



Okay, I love Salmon and so does my husband. It's good for you, it's low calorie and what's not to love right ? I have always either pan fried it or baked it. Tonight, I tried a recipe I saw done on TV......omg, it's sheer heaven I mean it....seriously and it's only 4 little ingredients. . . . .It's at original recipe here I have to add if, you add some lemon to the sauce once you have it in your plate, it really makes it GREAT !

You will need 4 salmon fillets, skin on. I served it with brown rice and cavolo nero cabbage.


Salmon Teriyaki

The Teriyaki Sauce
275 ml Soy Sauce
140 ml Sake
140 ml Mirin
120 g sugar ( 4 ozs)

1. Mix all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce together and stir until the sugar dissolves.
2. Marinate the salmon fillets in half the mixture and put the other mixture in a pot to reduce by half (appx. 30 minutes on a good simmer)
3. Preheat the oven to 240C/400F or the highest setting you have.
4.Add a little oil to an oven proof dish and add your salmon fillets skin side UP. Cover the skin with tin foil/aluminium foil to keep it from burning and cook/bake for about 15 minutes, watching carefully.
5. Remove the tin foil and cook for approximately 5/10 minutes more until skin starts to crisp up.
6. Ta Da ! Serve skin side up with salmon sitting on a drizzle of the sauce.

Believe me I always eat tartar sauce on my salmon, I got it out and put it on the table but never got that far. That is the best sauce I have ever had......ever......woo hoo !! I definitely licked the plate on this one....rofl.

Sherrie ♥

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, girlfriend!
    OMG, Sherrie! Your blog is WONDERFUL!
    Your Salmon Teriyaki looks so scrumptious!
    Now I have great recipes right at my fingertips...lol...
    Sending lots of love, hugs and good luck on your new venture...count me in to join you on your journey!
    lubs ya,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete