Friday 31 October 2008

Tuna Salad . . .simple, easy and good for you !


Click picture for larger image

I love tuna salad. And I love tossed salad so I always make them together.I try to post recipes that anyone at any level of cooking can make. If you ever have a question about how I did something or what I meant just let me know.  I also always use my homemade dressing with it. (which I will share next) I made this for my hubby and I for lunch one day last week when we were working from home. It's light yet filling. And not too many calories either. You'll have to imagine the tomatoes I didn't have any that day. I try to cut all the ingredients roughly the same size. That day I used:

1 can tuna packed in water

2 tbsp mayonnaise

1/2 tsp mustard (any kind you like)

You can add any thing else you like to your tuna salad to make it your own.

Mix together tuna, mayonnaise and mustard

I made up my salad with: Gem lettuce , iceberg lettuce, red bell pepper, sliced black olives and, english cucumber.

I put my salad in a bowl/plate, add my salad dressing then add my tuna mix on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment