Sunday 26 October 2008

Homemade Egg Rolls



Homemade Egg Rolls

Wrappers: I used a simple recipe I found on the internet for the wrappers. It’s really a simple thing but I could not get it rolled out thin enough to work with it. I would recommend if you can find wrappers just buy them. It’s not worth the trouble to me. That is just my opinion only. Having said that the taste was great but, they were just too thick.

My Stuffing:
½ lb ground pork
½ lb ground beef

¼ large, green cabbage grated
1 carrot grated
1 large shallot chopped into small pieces
1 stalk celery cut into small pieces
6 ozs bean sprouts ( I bought canned ones)
2 tsp garlic salt

3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Cornstarch



Brown the beef and pork in a skillet until nice and brown along with the shallot and drain well. Add the next 6 ingredients and continue to fry until tender approximately 10 minutes on medium high heat. Add in the soy sauce and cornstarch. Simmer another minute or two stirring well and then take off the heat.

Roll up into egg rolls/ spring rolls using 2/3 tbsp of mixture for each wrapper. I deep fried mine until golden brown. They don’t look the best but I think if you use the pre-made wrappers they would look better. But to be honest they tasted great. We ate them with Thai Sweet Chilli dipping sauce…….yum !

Yield: 2 Generous Portions (we had leftovers)

No comments:

Post a Comment