Tuesday 2 December 2008

Moroccan Spice Blend

As promised, here is the recipe for the Moroccan spice blend that goes with the Moroccan Chicken recipe below. This stuff is soooooo good. I recommend if you can use as many of these freshly ground as you can. It just makes the flavors so much nicer. BUT if you can't it is perfectly wonderful also.

Pic of Allspice above

I also wanted to mention I was surprised to see the Allspice was just the dried unripe fruit of the Pimenta dioica plant, a tree native to the West Indies, southern Mexico and Central America. For some reason I thought allspice was a blend of spices and after reading about it I see I am not the only one to think that either. Evidently, it was the English who named it allspice for that reason.

Anyway, here is the recipe.

Moroccan Spice Blend
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

No comments:

Post a Comment