Tuesday 1 September 2009

Lunch - The Alford Arms (again)



As some of you know I have a friend visiting with me for two weeks. Her name is Nancy and she is a dear friend and we are so happy to have her with us. We went out for lunch at one of our favorite places yesterday. The Alford Arms is one of our favorite places to go. The food was delicious as it usually is and we even split a dessert which was out of this world. My friend and I had Parma ham and fontina fre range chicken supreme on boulangere potatoes with broad bean pistou.

Boulangere potatoes are potatoes sliced very thinly with onions sliced the same way, then you just layer them up in a greased dish. Pour over hot stock and bake for 1 hour in a hot oven. The are really good. We were not disappointed. My husband had Smoked haddock on wilted spinach with sarratt watercress hollandaise. It was equally wonderful as I had a little "sample" just to make sure.

Nancy and I then split a dessert of rich chocolate and walnut tart with malted milk ice cream. At the time I wished we had gotten two it was that good.

This place never, ever disappoints. We go here for all special occasions. They don't advertise as they don't have to their food speaks for itself. The staff are very friendly and helpful. If you want to find the Alford Arms a google search will do it. They have multiple locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment