Saturday 26 September 2009

Cream of Coconut Cake


I found this recipe on the internet and I don't remember where I got it from so if it's yours please let me know and I will definitely give credit. However, I followed the recipe and it was wayyyyy too sweet for me. The icing that is not the cake. The cake is delicious ! And yes it's made starting with a box cake mix. ;o) And if you are in UK I don't know where to get a plain old white cake mix at. I had one I brought over from home so if you do please let me know. This cake has such a nice flavor you could eat it without any frosting but . . .it sure is nice with it.


1 18.25 ounce package white cake mix
3 large eggs
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 8 oz can cream of coconut (I used 1 can coconut milk)
1 cup sour cream


Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease and flour one 9x13x2 inch pan. Combine in large mixing bowl, cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, cream of coconut and sour cream; beat with electric mixer for 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.


Bake for 35 - 40 mins, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting. Serves 12


Cream Cheese Frosting


1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
4 cups powdered sugar ( I recommend 1/2 to 1 cup)
Coconut for garnish frozen or fresh is okay


Combine cream cheese, vanilla, milk and powdered sugar and beat with electric mixer until smooth. If a thinner consistency is desired, add more milk, a teaspoon at a time.

Frost cake and garnish with coconut.




No comments:

Post a Comment