Saturday 14 March 2009

Caramelised Pork with fresh peaches


This recipe is a simple, one-pan dish that requires very little preparation.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cm root ginger, peeled and grated
2 tsp Double Concentrated Italian Tomato Puree
2 tsp Soya Sauce Light
2 tbsp pure clear Honey
2 tbsp Olive Oil
4 Pork Shoulder Steaks
4 Perfectly Ripe Peaches, washed, halved, stoned and quartered.

Serves 4

NOTE: I cut this recipe in half and it worked fine for us.


Instructions:

To make the marinade, mix trogether the ginger, tomato puree, soy sauce, and honey and oil in a large, shallow dish. Add the pork to the marinade, coating well. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
(I put mine in a ziploc bag so I don't have to wash a dirty bowl)

Heat a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat and place the marinated pork in the pan. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.

Add the peach quarters to the pan and cook, uncovered, for about 1-2 minutes on each side until just softened and slightly charred. Serve the prok and peach with white rice and a veggie of your choice. I served mine with Swiss Chard.

NOTE: When I put my pork in my pan I had it too hot. So it almost burned before it cooked and it was tough. Remember there is honey in that marinade and it will burn easy. So, I then put it in my pressure cooker and cooked it for 10 minutes and it's nice and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment