Sunday 22 March 2009

Zucchini aka Courgettes with parmesan


2-3 medium Zucchini aka Courgettes

1/4 cup olive oil (or sunflower)

1/4 cup grated parmesan

salt and pepper to taste

Lemon juice optional


This is such a simple and fresh tasting dish. And a very good way to add another veggie to your diet. Take a zucchini or courgette as they are called in UK and wash and slice. I didn't even cut the ends off you can just discard those when you inhale these beauties !


I used a grill pan to cook these one. Heat your grill pan over a medium high heat. You want it pretty hot just not smoking. Do NOT put any oil in it.


Take your zucchini and sprinkle over a little olive oil or sunflower oil (your choice) and then toss your zucchini around in the oil to coat it. Lay your zucchini one by one in the pan in a single layer. Leave them long enough to color one side before turning them over. The key is not to turn them too soon or your grill marks won't be nice.


Right before you take them out sprinkle over with about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. I would then taste one before you decided about adding salt (I didn't add any salt) as the parmesan is salty. Add a spritz of lemon juice if you like at the end. This is optional


Notes: I think mine would have been better if I had cut them a little thicker. And next time I will discard the outside cuts from each side. That skin does not cook up good to me. Additional note, I could eat this twice a week it's that good. And who knows this summer I just may. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment