Sunday 22 March 2009

Swiss Chard


I tried something that was new (for me) Swiss Chard. It's really got a good flavor and a firm texture. It's much firmer than spinach or something like that. I just washed it and cut it up into small pieces, and then I simmered it in a little chicken broth for added flavor. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. I am always looking for new veggies to add to our diet. And I try to stay away from as many processed foods as we can.


Now for the good news Swiss Chard is:


Low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol
High in Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper, Manganese, Thiamin, Folate and Zinc. Also high in Sodium.


I can't wait to use it in a good vegetable soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment