Monday 5 January 2009

Asparagus Risotto


Last night for dinner I made Asparagus Risotto and it was delicious ! Creamy, asparagussy (is that a word?) I loved everything about it and it was so easy to make. I found the recipe in a magazine I had Good Food I think was the name. Actually, it was just an advertisement for Knorr Vegetable Stock Pots. I love this new product from Knorr. I know how most recipes tell you to stand there and stir it all the time. This one does also but I didn't and mine turned out perfect I did stir it from time to time. And make sure you don't let it stick. I will definitely make this again.


Here is the recipe, it serves 2-3

Ingredients:
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion, sliced (optional)
160 grams arborio rice that is appx. 6 ounces
1 splash of white wine
1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot dissolved in 750ml boiling water ( I used 2 cups water)
200 grams fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 2 inch pieces (appx 1 cup)
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 - 2 tsp butter
handful of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or chervil, optional


Heat half the olive oil in a heavy based saucepan, add the onion and cook until lightly golden. Stir through the risotto rice, then add the white wine.

Pour in 100ml of the stock, or enough to cover the rice and stir continuously until the stock is completely absorbed. Repeat this process until all the stock has been used.

When the rice has about 5 mins of cooking time left (it should be al dente or tender tothe bite) add the chopped asparagus and stir until tender.

Stir through the grated parmesan and butter for a rich, creamy risotto. Season with a little salt and black pepper, then sprinkle over the parsley or chervil. Serve immediately.


1 comment:

  1. Definitely going to try this, Sherrie! It sounds wonderful (and EASY...LOL!)
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete